Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary
I instantly went to this photo when I read the topic for this week’s photo challenge. It’s because I distinctly remember taking this shot in one of our Boracay trips in 2009.
It was early morning and I rarely wake up at this hour while on vacation. I sat on a beach chair fairly similar to where this woman is sitting. I took a close shot of her with just a peek of the ocean. But when I noticed how wonderful the sky is at that time (I love sky shots!), I took this one.
I remember wondering what she is doing there at this time. She was playing with the sand at one point, writing or drawing something, then gazing into the horizon. She’s probably waiting for someone, too. A vendor or a friend. I think she’s local, but I can’t be sure. She’s probably waiting for her husband on that boat (just my imagination taking over, haha). I guess I’ll never know, because I was wracking my brains trying to remember what happened next and I seriously can’t remember. So I’m just guessing.
Let’s just say she was just taking a breather from her morning walk and soaking in the beauty of this place she happens to be living in. If she’s a local, then she would have to start working a few hours from this moment. I would love to think this is just a particularly nice day and we were both lucky to be in it. Because she gets to relax and I get to take this picture.
P.S. Boracay Island, Philippines is seriously one of the best beaches in the world. It can get crazy during peak seasons (summer, March-May), but the few times we went in October and January, it was really nice and peaceful. We’re going back in February 2013 and I’m still so excited!
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (postadaychallenge2011.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (natsukashii55.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (danajoward.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Photo Challenge: Solitary (prodigalpaul.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Solitary (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)