For this week’s photo challenge, I chose photos from my travels to Vietnam and Cambodia in early 2011. Everyday life in these 2 countries are so interesting that you will never get tired of taking a snap.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use a “postaday2012″ or “postaweek2012″ tag.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Every Day Life Along the Mekong River, Vietnam (ronmayhewphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (smkelly8.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Everyday Life (bellaremyphotography.wordpress.com)
25 East Kapitolyo Drive
I’m a newbie to the Weekly Photo Challenge and thought I’d give it a try. When I read about the topic, my mind instantly wandered in 2010 when I spent a month in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Christchurch is a very small city in south New Zealand. To get there, I had to travel alone, outside of my continent, for the very first time. R was there when I arrived of course, but the excitement of just getting on a plane alone, passing by a country that I’ve heard horror stories of (hello, Australia!), just freaked me out and amused me both at the same time.
This challenge reminded me of Christchurch because there, the sky just goes on forever. And ever and ever. It’s amazing!
I am not a professional photographer and I took these photos with an old Canon Ixus camera.
This bonus one is not from Christchurch. This was taken at an MTR station in Hong Kong, taken with my Holga. I didn’t know how it would turn out, so I was really surprised at how haunting this is.
I hope I was able to interpret the topic for this week’s photo challenge. Will definitely join again next week. It was fun to reminisce!